Did You Know?
The majority of animal and vehicle crashes result in some form of bodily injury or vehicle damage. Whether you’re driving in the city or the country, here are some tips to keep you
safe on the road.
Animal and vehicle collisions are especially commonplace between October and December. Drivers should be aware of this danger and take the necessary precautions to remain accident-free.
· Remain alert at all times and watch out for animals.
· Slow down if you see an animal up ahead, as it is generally unpredictable.
· Slow down at designated animal crossing areas marked by road signs. These signs indicate that the area has a lot of animal traffic and an increased potential for accidents.
· Use your high beams at night to see animals easier.
In the event that your vehicle collides with an animal:
· Pull off to the side of the road and call the local police department.
· Do not attempt to move the animal if it is lying in the middle of the road.
· Do not leave your vehicle to check on an injured animal, as it may still be alive and potentially dangerous to you.